Saturday, October 11, 2008

If at first you dont succeed


When I got to the gym this morning and looked at the list of classes I saw that there was a spin class starting in 10 minutes. Perfect!

But then I looked a little further and saw Zumba. If you are not familiar with Zumba, this class (as written in the class description) combines high energy motivating music with a fusion of Latin dance and unique moves to make you sweat and burn those calories away. Nice.

Okay I can do this. I have rhythm and I can dance...okay maybe only after a few drinks and that is probably still disputable.

So I enter the studio where 3 guys and 3 girls are lining up and stretching. Hmmm, am I in the right class - 3 guys in this class, really?

So have you taken this class? I asked one of the guys next to me who excitedly jumps up and down and says "noooo, but I loved the jazz class I took and I am sure this is going to be sooooo much fun, right guys!"

Right

So the spunky Latino instructor walks in and starts pumping the music, which I love of course, and she starts gyrating and swinging her hips shouting out counts and moves - here we go!

As I trip over my own feet and get dizzy trying to follow the spins, hip swinging, salsa moves, jumping and bumping I think - I should have had a few drinks before the class.

No comments: